Thursday, January 22, 2009

Just 89 More Days

We did our first workout last night. The first video was Chest and Back. The second was Ab Ripper X. Wow what a workout. It killed me. Julie was wiped out as well. I think I started off with too many push ups the first round because by round two I was dying. I took it slow by doing regular push ups and when I got tired I moved to push ups on my knees but my arms were jello by the end of the video. I also did all of my pull ups using a chair and even those assisted pull ups were killing me.

I was exhausted when we started Ab Ripper X and by the end of the 3rd exercise all I could do was flop on the ground like a fish out of water trying to follow along with the video. I need to get more flexible to do most of the ab exercises.

Julie did very well. She was also tired but she didn't seem and dead as I was. Maybe she is just not as wimpy as I am.

ADAM'S PERFORMANCE
Total push ups on toes - 72
Total push ups on knees -51
Total pull ups with chair - 45
Back Pulls with dumbbell -73 (average weight 25 lbs)

JULIE"S PERFORMANCE
Total push ups on toes - 31
Total push ups on knees -30
Total pulls with resistance band - 87
Back Pulls with dumbbell -90 (average weight 5 lbs)

Tonight is Plyometrics. (Jump training) The video looks crazy hard and tiring. I hope I don't throw up.

I want to believe...

-Adam

2 comments:

  1. Plyometrics was so hard! At one point, I really did worry I was going to throw up. Yet my arms and abs hurt more than my legs do. I guess my legs will probably start hurting worse tomorrow. We're doing great, though! 2 days down...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job guys! this is such a great way to keep yourselves motivated! i'm cheering from florida :)

    ReplyDelete