Saturday, January 24, 2009

Day 3 and 4...Super Sore

Day 3
I started off with Ab Ripper X in the morning. I was able to do more of the routine this time around. I did it in the morning before work. Owen got up and was quite curious to why Daddy was straining red faced to do what the people were doing on the TV. I told him he should try to do what I was doing and he just looked at me and said, "I can't". He did try however to do the stretching with me at the end of the video. He was very cute. here are some pics.
Julie did her Ab Ripper X after she put the kids down for their nap. She said she did better this time around too. Then I came home form work during lunch and we did Shoulders and Arms together.

Let me tell you, at the end of the video, I was struggling to lift the 5 lb. dumbbells. Later that night I could barely hold Scarlett. Yeah I am sore and will only get sorer over the next day or two. Julie did very well but she was not lifting very much weight as she is not really wanting to get super buff.

Day 4
Today we did Yoga X. It was about 90 minutes of torture stretching. The first part of the video was all about these strength movements and breathing and contorting your body into impossible positions all while standing on one leg. Julie did pretty good, but I had a very hard time. Hopefully over the course of 90 days I will get better at some of the routine. The second half was better it was more of stretching out different parts of the body and some abdominal core exercises. I was glad when we were done.

Tomorrow is legs and back. I don't really know what to expect except it will probably make me want to curl into the fetal position and cry. But that is ok because Julie is here to comfort me and help me along. I can't wait to get through these first few weeks and get through all of the soreness in my muscles. 4 days down and 86 more to go.
I want to believe...

-Adam

1 comment: